Talk by Jay Ignacio, president of Hawaii Electric Light Co. - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Talk by Jay Ignacio, president of Hawaii Electric Light Co.
Location: UCB 100
The University of Hawai`i at Hilo Sustainability Committee invites the public to a presentation by Jay Ignacio, President of Hawai‘i Electric Light Company.
"A Clean Energy Future for Hawai`i Island"
Under Hawaii law, the renewable portfolio standard calls for 40% of electricity sales to be from renewable resources by 2030. Hawai’i Electric Light Company aims to exceed this target adding as much renewable energy possible that is affordable, safe and reliable. Since 2008, the company has doubled the percentage of electricity supplied from renewable resources across Oahu, Maui County and Hawaii Island. To fulfill the promise of these new technologies, Hawai’i Electric Light Company works in partnership with businesses, government, with other energy providers, environmental and community groups, and their customers. This is a community challenge that only a collective community effort can meet.
For more information, contact:
Dr. Ryan Perroy, Chair of the Sustainable Committee
Assistant Professor in Geography and Environmental Science
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7259
What's also happening?
Week of October 5, 2014Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.