An Evening with David Sedaris - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
An Evening with David Sedaris
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
An Evening with David Sedaris, Presented by: Innovation Arts & Entertainment.
With sardonic wit and incisive social critiques, DAVID SEDARIS has become one of America’s preeminent humor writers. The great skill with which he slices through cultural euphemisms & political correctness proves that Sedaris is a master of satire and one of the most observant writers addressing the human condition today. Sedaris is the author of the collections of personal essays Naked, Me Talk Pretty One Day, Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, When You Are Engulfed in Flames, & Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modest Bestiary, all of which have become bestsellers. Sedaris’s pieces appear regularly in The New Yorker & have twice been included in “The Best American Essays.” His latest book entitled Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls was just released in paperback June 2014. DAVID SEDARIS will appear for one night only, featuring all-new readings of his work & a book signing.
Special Restrictions: Reserved Seating. Tickets will be on sale soon. Check back for more information.
For more information, contact: www.ticketmaster.com/event/0A004D06FBD62583 932-7490
What's also happening?
Week of February 15, 2015Next →
Holiday observed: Presidents’ Day
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.