Changing the Culture of Human SPaceflight - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Changing the Culture of Human SPaceflight
Location: Wentworth 1
Space Shuttle Program Manager Wayne Hale will present via live feed a lecture highlighting NASA's change in culture that brought the Space Shuttle back to flight!
This is a live talk at Rice University in Houston Texas, streaming ONLY to UH Hilo
The loss of the Space Shuttle Columbia was a shock to the nation but especially to the leadership of NASA who believed that they were providing strong protection against just such an event. The Columbia Accident Investigation Board went beyond the technical causes of the accident to the culture, history, and human factors which lead to catastrophe. After Columbia, Wayne Hale was appointed to leadership in the Space Shuttle program with the instruction to not merely correct the technical problems but also address the management culture. Hale will briefly describe the history and management culture at NASA prior to Columbia, and then delve into the changes —both technical and human — that were made as the Space Shuttle was returned to flight. These changes affect NASA today as it gears up for the next phase of deep space exploration.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808-896-6582
What's also happening?
Week of September 7, 2014Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.