Movie Screening: Brave Miss World - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Movie Screening: Brave Miss World
Location: UCB, Room 100
Student Health & Wellness Program’s Men of Strength in partnership with the YWCA will be screening the film “Brave Miss World” on September 8th, from 5:30-8PM in UCB 100. Panel discussion to follow screening. Open to UH Hilo & Hawaiʻi CC Audience and the Community. Admission is free for UH Hilo and HawCC students with ID and $10.00 for non-students.
Israeli beauty queen Linor Abargil was abducted and raped in Milan, Italy two months before being crowned Miss World in 1998. Ten years later, she’s ready to talk about it- and to encourage others to speak out. Now a globe-trotting victims’ advocate, Linor encourages others to stand against sexual violence by putting an end to their silence. She travels to speak with teens in South Africa, where girls are statistically more likely to be raped than educated. She visits U.S. college campuses where women describe a campus culture that fails to take assaults seriously.
For victims of sexual assault, the journey toward wholeness never ends; still, Linor Abargil, the Brave Miss World, continues her unflinching efforts to keep the nightmares at bay.
For more information contact Dr. Sulma Gandhi at 808-932-7458 or email email@example.com. Or contact Lorraine Davis at 808-961-3877 x162 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808-932-7458
What's also happening?
Week of September 7, 2014Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.