Criticism and Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Criticism and Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors
Location: UH Hilo Campus Center Room 306
These days, you just canâ€™t afford employees who drag down morale, destroy productivity, and distract you from important projects. This class will teach you methods for dealing with difficult employees once and for all. At this workshop, you will learn to:
- Approach an employee about the problem behavior in a way that minimizes accusations, hostility, and defensiveness
- Create an improvement plan and get your employee to commit to it
- Coach the employee so thereâ€™s no chance of misunderstanding
- Document the process to encourage steady progress
- Discipline, reassign, or dismiss the person if the problem doesnâ€™t improve and handle it all fairly.
Instructor: Grant Chambers is an experienced professional who has completed a rigorous certification program from Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack to ensure he offers real-world experience in the courses he facilitates. He maintains his proficiency through industry-specific research, attending advanced seminars and collegiate courses, and communication with other experts in his field.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $150
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-974-7664
What's also happening?
Week of September 7, 2014Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.