It Gets Better - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
It Gets Better
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
The Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles presents: It Gets Better.
Written and directed by Speak Theater Arts’ Liesel Reinhart, It Gets Better is infused with the dynamic musical energy of The Gay Men’s Chorus of Los Angeles and the internationally recognized branding of the It Gets Better Project. It Gets Better provides a performing arts response to the difficult issue of bullying, one of the most challenging issues among today’s young adults and adolescents.
It Gets Better invites the participation of local artists and speakers to create a presentation that is uniquely personal, and addresses the issues of bullying that may be specific to a particular community while addressing the broader issues of tolerance and diversity. In the course of a single week, the company works closely with the local community in a series of workshops, rehearsals and community dialogue to create a performance intended to energize a local awareness of bullying and its damaging effects on a healthy community.
Special Restrictions: Reserved seating. Tickets are $25 General, $20 Discount, $10 UHH/HCC Students w/ VALID ID and Children 17 & under. DAY OF SHOW $30 General, $25 Discount, $15 UHH/HCC Students w/ VALID ID and Children 17 & under. Call 932-7490 or order online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
For more information, contact: email@example.com 932-7490
What's also happening?
Week of March 29, 2015Next →
Holiday observed: Good Friday
- Time Change for Vinyasa Yoga Class at Student Life Center
- Come challenge yourself and relax deeply with a Vinyasa Flow Yoga class at the Student Life Center! New times offered: Mondays and Fridays at 6 pm. Wednesday's class will continue to be at 7 pm.
- Fall submission now open: 2020 Juried Student Art Exhibition
- The Student Arts Association is now accepting fall submissions for the 2020 Juried Student Art Exhibition. Fall submissions are open now till December 12th. ...
- Board of Media Broadcasting Positions Open
- The Board of Media Broadcasting is seeking students who are interested in getting more involved on campus and who are passionate about digital media particularly radio and video. ...
- Planning CoBE summer classes now: please take the survey
- Do you want to take a class in Sustainable Tourism for Hawaii and the Pacific? Social Media Analytics? Strategic Innovation? Retail Management? The College of Business and Economics is scheduling summer courses now. ...
- 13th Annual Korea-America Student Conference
- The 13th Korea-America Student Conference (KASC) will bring together Korean and American university students from a variety of academic disciplines to live, travel, and conduct original peer-reviewed research together. ...
- APIA Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). Undergraduate students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and are US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents are eligible (students ...
- Submissions for Kanilehua Are Now Open
- Kanilehua is now accepting submissions of visual art (photography, drawing, painting, sculpture) and literature (short story, poetry, flash fiction, plays) for its Spring 2020 issue. ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Positions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.