Indian Ink Theatre Company: Guru of Chai - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Indian Ink Theatre Company: Guru of Chai
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Kutisar is the lord of his chai stand in Bangalore Train Station. From there, he dispenses his soulful beverage to the thirsty travelers who come and go through this portal to his city. But unexpectedly, he finds himself at odds with his conscience and with the Gods of his Hindu divinity. They have chosen to challenge the humble street vendor with solving the interwoven mysteries of true love, tragedy and joy. Sometimes you find the answers to the biggest questions in the most humble of circumstances.
“Music, songs, magic and shadow puppetry enhance his brilliant performing skills...”
Special Restrictions: Reserved seating. Tickets are $25 General, $20 Discount, $12 UHH/HCC Students w/ VALID ID and Children 17 & under. Call 932-7490 or order online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
For more information, contact: 932-7490
What's also happening?
Week of October 12, 2014Next →
- HAPA (Hawaii Association of Public Accountants) Scholarships
- HAPA’s Big Island Chapter provides up to $3,500 in awards to accounting scholars and future accountants each year. ...
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.