Indian Ink Theatre Company: Guru of Chai - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Indian Ink Theatre Company: Guru of Chai
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Kutisar is the lord of his chai stand in Bangalore Train Station. From there, he dispenses his soulful beverage to the thirsty travelers who come and go through this portal to his city. But unexpectedly, he finds himself at odds with his conscience and with the Gods of his Hindu divinity. They have chosen to challenge the humble street vendor with solving the interwoven mysteries of true love, tragedy and joy. Sometimes you find the answers to the biggest questions in the most humble of circumstances.
“Music, songs, magic and shadow puppetry enhance his brilliant performing skills...”
Special Restrictions: Reserved seating. Tickets are $25 General, $20 Discount, $12 UHH/HCC Students w/ VALID ID and Children 17 & under. Call 932-7490 or order online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
For more information, contact: 932-7490
What's also happening?
Week of October 12, 2014Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.