Emel Mathlouthi and Band - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Emel Mathlouthi and Band
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Emel Mathlouthi is a compelling songwriter, composer, guitarist, and singer who brings a powerful new sound to Tunisian music. Endowed with an outstanding voice, she evokes Joan Baez, Sister Marie Keyrouz and the Lebanese diva, Fairouz. Her captivating style is lyrical, with powerful rock, oriental and trip hop influences (she’s collaborated with Tricky). Her song “Kelmti Horra”, (my word is free) was taken up by the Arab Spring revolutionaries and sung on the streets of Tunis. Emel possesses immense stage presence and a voice that spells revolution and freedom..
Special Restrictions: Reserved seating. Tickets are $25 General, $20 Discount, $12 UHH/HCC Students w/ VALID ID and Children 17 & under. Call 932-7490 or order online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
For more information, contact: UHH PAC Box Office 932-7490
What's also happening?
Week of September 28, 2014Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.