UH Hilo announces 2019-2020 Chancellor’s Scholarship recipients
Date: Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Contact: Alyson Kakugawa-Leong, (808) 932-7669
For Immediate Release
Eleven students from Hawai‘i public and private high schools have been awarded the prestigious Chancellor’s Scholarship by the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo for 2019-2020.
The 2019-2020 recipients and their respective high schools include:
• Sabina Boo Riversa, Kea`au High School
• Kawailehua Burnz, Kapa`a High School
• Nancy Costales, Christian Liberty Academy
• Taylor Eleola, Hawaiʻi Baptist Academy
• Bree Foster, Kamehameha – Hawaiʻi Campus
• David Freund, Kea`au High School
• Joshua Irwin, Waiakea High School
• Kit Neikirk, Connections Public Charter School
• Nicole Otsuka, Maui High School
• Ashley Rynkewicz, Waiakea High School
• Jaedyn Pavao, Kamehameha – Kapalama Campus
The award, valued in excess of $29,300, covers four years of tuition for students graduating from a Hawai‘i high school who earned either a GPA of at least 3.5, a combined 1800 SAT (reading, writing, math), or a composite score of 27 on the ACT while demonstrating leadership and/or community service.
Chancellor’s Scholars are required to enroll as full-time students and earn a minimum of 24 credits each academic year. They must also maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.25 and participate in leadership activities and/or community service with other Chancellor’s Scholars.
For more information about UH Hilo’s Chancellor’s Scholarship, visit: https://hilo.hawaii.edu/chancellors-scholars/application-and-eligibility.php.
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that are not of the "hilo.hawaii.edu" or ".uhh.hawaii.edu" domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.