UH Hilo announces 2016 Chancellor Scholars
Date: Friday, April 22, 2016
Contact: Alyson Kakugawa-Leong, (808) 932-7669
For Immediate Release
Fifteen students from public and private high schools in Hawaiʻi have been awarded the prestigious 2016 Chancellor’s Scholarship by the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo.
Valued in excess of $26,500, the award covers four years of tuition for students graduating from a Hawaiʻi high school who earned either a GPA of at least 3.5, a combined 1800 SAT (reading, writing, math) or a composite score of 27 on the ACT while demonstrating leadership and/or community service.
All Chancellor Scholars are required to enroll as full-time students and earn a minimum of 24 credits each academic year. They must also maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.25 and participate in leadership activities and/or community services with other Chancellor Scholars.
The 2016 recipients and their high schools include:
• Brooke Adamson (Hawaiʻi Technology Academy)
• Keion Anderson (Leilehua High)
• Kateleen Caye Bio (Maui High)
• Lucas DeRego (Kamehameha – Hawaiʻi)
• Savannah Directo (Keaau High)
• Orion Friels (Kealakehe High)
• Kristie Hirai (Mililani High)
• Austin Inouye (Kaimuki High)
• Kristen Ishii (Mililani High)
• Yukio Ishii (Kamehameha – Hawaiʻi)
• Mary Kealaiki (Keaau High)
• Lorelei Taylor Padasdao (Keaau High)
• Jodie Tokihiro (Waiakea High)
• Zoe Whitney (Maui High)
• Ivana Yoon (Waiakea High)
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that are not of the "hilo.hawaii.edu" or ".uhh.hawaii.edu" domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.