UH Hilo 2015 Chancellor Scholars named
Date: Tuesday, May 19, 2015
Contact: Alyson Kakugawa-Leong, (808) 932-7669
For Immediate Release
Thirteen students from public and private high schools in Hawaiʻi have been awarded the prestigious Chancellor’s Scholarship by the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo.
The award, valued in excess of $26,500, covers four years of tuition for students graduating from a Hawaiʻi high school who earned either a GPA of at least 3.5, a combined 1800 SAT (reading, writing, math) or a composite score of 27 on the ACT while demonstrating leadership and/or community service.
All Chancellor Scholars are required to enroll as full-time students and earn a minimum of 24 credits each academic year. They must also maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.25 and participate in leadership activities and/or community services with other Chancellor Scholars.
The 2015 Chancellor Scholarship recipients and their respective high schools include:
* Nicole Antonio (Waiakea High)
* Harley Broyles (Waimea High)
* Pomaika`i Cathcart (Kamehameha - Maui)
* Jasmine Curiel (Hanalani Schools)
* Jon Ehrenberg (West Hawaii Explorations Academy)
* Sarah Ferguson (Leilehua High)
* Trent Furuta (Mililani High)
* Courtney Ip (Waiakea High)
* Cody Kojima (Waiakea High)
* Kaydee Rapozo (Waiakea High)
* Melia Takakusagi (Waimea High)
* Brandon Tomota (Waiakea High)
* Amirah Waite (Roosevelt High)
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that are not of the "hilo.hawaii.edu" or ".uhh.hawaii.edu" domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.