UH Hilo students receive Gilman Study Abroad scholarships
Date: Monday, November 17, 2014
Contact: Alyson Kakugawa-Leong, (808) 932-7669
For Immediate Release
Five University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo students are currently studying abroad this academic year after receiving the prestigious national Benjamin A. Gilman Study Abroad Scholarship in the amount of $5,000. The recipients are:
• Jamie Yugawa, a Japanese major with an English minor, attending Hokkaido University in Hokkaido, Japan
• Christopher Jones, attending Tokyo Gakugei University in Tokyo, Japan
• Cheyne Yonemori, a Linguistics major with an English minor, studying at Korea University in Seoul, South Korea
• David Gentry, a Communication major with a minor in Japanese Studies, attending Rikkyo University
• Kyle Jones, a Political Science major, studying at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies in Seoul, South Korea
The Gilman Scholarship supports students who have been traditionally under-represented in study abroad, including students in under-represented fields such as the sciences and engineering, students with diverse ethnic backgrounds, and students with disabilities.
The deadline to study abroad for Spring 2016 is March 1, 2015. Applications are available at hilo.hawaii.edu/studyabroad. Scholarship applications for 2015-2016 will be available starting January 1, 2015 and are due by March 1, 2015.
To learn more about study abroad programs and scholarships, call 932-7488 or visit: www.hilo.hawaii.edu/studyabroad.
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that are not of the "hilo.hawaii.edu" or ".uhh.hawaii.edu" domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.