UH Hilo presents STEM Seminar Series beginning Feb 27
Date: Friday, February 22, 2013
Contact: Alyson Kakugawa-Leong, (808) 974-7642
For Immediate Release
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo invites the public to its 2013 UH Hilo STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) Seminar Series beginning Tuesday, February 27. All presentations will take place in the Marine Science Building Room 101 at noon unless otherwise noted.
The 2013 spring schedule is as follows:
• February 27: Dr. Daniel Wilson, Dean, University of Florida-Jacksonville Medical School, “Evolutionary Epidemiology in Medicine and Psychiatry”
• March 20: Dr. Steven Gray, Assistant Professor, Natural Resources and Environmental Management, University of Hawaiʻi at Manoa, “Integrating social science, natural science, and participation in U.S. fisheries management”
• April 8: Dr. Sonia Flores, Associate Professor, University of Colorado School of Medicine
• April 10: Dr. M. Steven Shackley, Emeritus Professor, Anthropology, University of California – Berkeley, “Sourcing Archaeological Obsidian in the American Southwest and Mexico”
• April 17: Dr. Lisette de Pillis, Professor, Mathematics, Harvey Mudd College
• May 1: Nick Zentner, Instructor and Technician, Geology, Central Washington University, “Geology Outreach to the Community: Video, Interviews, Lectures, and Field Trips”
The seminar series is funded by the Chancellor’s Fund for Professional Development.
Call Dr. Steve Lundblad at 974-7641 or Dr. Tracy Wiegner at 933-3904 for more information.
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that are not of the "hilo.hawaii.edu" or ".uhh.hawaii.edu" domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.