- Edits all content for the newspaper for accuracy, which involves fact checking and verifying sources. Writes one article a month (700 words minimum.)
- Assisting the layout editor in laying out the content of the issue. Experience with InDesign is helpful but not required.
- Writes three articles a month (700 words minimum per article.)
- Distributes monthly issues around campus.
- Take photos for articles and create photo stories.
Social media manager intern
- Shadows the senior social media manager as they maintain Ke Kalahea social media presence, in preparation for assuming the position in the fall semester.
Applications are available on Ke Kalahea’s website, in the Campus Center office (room 210), or in the Ke Kalahea office (Campus Center room 202-A). Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Student Activies Council
All positions will begin in the fall 2022 semester and will continue until the spring 2023 semester ends.
Requirements: - Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA - Enrolled with at least 6 UH Hilo credits - Be free of Code of Conduct Violations
- Creates and organizes larger events, manages and operates the Council, serves as a primary point of contact for the Council, organizes and facilitates all official meetings, and works along side the SAC Vice-Chair to ensure the success of event and the effecent operates of the Council.
- Creates and organizes larger events, management and operations of the Council, serve as the secondary point of contact for the Council, organization and facilitation of all official meetings, work alongside the SAC Executive Chair to ensure the success of events and the efficient operations of the Council.
- Executive responsibilities of SAC, organization of meetings, documentation of meetings, inventory, organizes interviews, questions and applications for upcoming SAC members.
- Advertises events, open positions, and other things happening with SAC through various social media, fliers, and communication. Executive responsibilities & attends official meetings.
- Creates small to medium sized events; plans, attends, manages, and both sets up and breaks down events with cultural, recreational, social, or educational components; attend official meetings.
Applications are available for pick-up at Campus Center 210 or by email at email@example.com.
The University of Hawaii at Hilo’s Student Association has the following open positions:
CANFRM (College of Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resource Management) Senator
- Chairs a committee, represents students by providing a vote in senate meetings, manages UHHSA funds, and enforces the constitution. Also establishes and maintains relationships with administration, students, and other colleges. Understands and resolves the needs of CANFRM students through campus initiatives and projects.* Please inquire with UHHSA directly about this position
DKIP (Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy) Senator
- Chairs a committee, represents students by providing a vote in senate meetings, manages UHHSA funds, and enforces the constitution. Also establishes and maintains relationships with administration, students, and other colleges. Understands and resolves the needs of DKIP students through campus initiatives and projects.* Please inquire with UHHSA directly about this position
- Creates, maintains, and processes fiscal documents related to UHHSA while carrying out other duties assigned by the President.
- Creates and maintains records of UHHSA’s meeting minutes and agendas while carrying out other duties assigned by the President.
Applications are available for pick-up at Campus Center 203-A or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Please inquire with UHHSA directly about senatorial positions
Board of Student Publications
The Board of Student Publications has the following position openings:
- Spokesperson for the board who hosts, schedules and creates documents for official and operational meetings.
In-training Spring 2022 - Official Fall 2022 - Spokesperson for the publications to the board who attends publication meetings and relays questions or important information back to the board.
- Reviews and keeps track of board finances, prepares, develops and manages the annual budget.
- Transcribes and sends meeting minutes, maintains board documents and job descriptions.
- Manages and maintains board social media platforms, creates content advertising for the board and its opportunities.
Please visit our website at https://hilo.hawaii.edu/campuscenter/bosp/Forms for more information and applications.
UH Hilo’s Academic Writing Journal has the following open positions for the fall 2022 semester:
- General Editor
- Hawaiian language editor
If you’re interested in joining Hohonu’s team, contact email@example.com or pick up an application at Campus Center 210.
Project Hawaii Inc.
Project Hawai’i, a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping Hawai’i’s homeless keiki, is looking for volunteers to assist ASAP. All volunteers have the potential to earn up to 200 hours of community service/volunteer hours. All volunteers must demonstrate self-direction and competent organization. All positions are primarily virtual
- Responds to volunteer requests
- Manages the organization’s blog, website, and newsletters while maintaining open communication to various news outlets.
- Attends program meetings and events while documenting each with photos that best represent the organization.
- Coordinates activities and facilitates a healthy environment for our dormitories. Helps obtain donations from the community and collaborates with fellow volunteers of the program.
Dormitory community coordinator
- Assists in establishing partnerships within the community to meet the needs of students. Engaged in scheduling workshops, obtaining monetary or material (i.e hygiene products) donations from companies or established community members.
Camp assistant director
- Works simultaneously alongside the director to complete daily routines at camp. Required hours are 9am-3pm for seven days.
- Supervises children through the duration for the 4-day program from 9am-3pm.
Camp activity director
- Aids in the ontaient of donations and demonstrates a willingness to collaborate and communicate with other volunteers. Supervises camp activities from 12:30pm- 3:30 pm of the 4-day program virtually and/or in person.
Please Magin Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
To get listings for your organization's open positions published, email email@example.com