Create an Emergency Survival Kit for Your Home
Make an emergency cache of supplies. Remember, after a large earthquake, you may not be able to get to stores, and your water and electricity may be cut off.
Home Emergency Survival Kit Checklist
- Portable radio
- Five-day non-perishable food supply
- Ice chest
- Containers of water (2 quarts per person per day)
- Sleeping bags or blankets
- Personal toilet articles and sanitary needs
- Disposable diapers
- Manual can opener
- Cooking stove
- Fuel for stoves, hibachis, or lanterns
- Pet food
Hawaiʻi County Civil Defense Active Alerts
Visit the Civil Defense website for up-to-date information.