On this page:
Circulation Services Staff
Contact us: (808) 932-7286 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donna Ohora , Librarian, Access Services and Pharmacy
- Dana-Lee Cabatic , Circulation Manager (temporary)
- Cindy Mohandie , Course Reserves
- Deanna Manley , Loans from Other Libraries
- Lynn Shirai Tanimoto , Stacks Maintenance
Circulation Services at the Edwin H. Mookini Library serve the needs of our university and community college clientele, as well as community borrowers, by providing access to the Mookini Library’s collections.
At the Circulation Desk You May:
Borrow library materials:
Purchase items from book sale
Ask for directions
Purchase Community Borrowers Library Card
Send a fax
- Policy: registered UH Hilo or Hawaiʻi CC students, staff, and faculty only.
- Fees: 25¢ per page domestic and $1 per page international. This service stops one hour before the Library closes.
- More information about faxing.
Policies & Procedures
Please see Libraries of the University of Hawaiʻi System Circulation Policy (PDF), Revised Aug. 2021 for complete rules and regulations governing the circulation of library items.
Please return library materials by the due date. As a courteous reminder, the library will email an overdue notice. Failure to receive an overdue notice does not mean fines are cancelled. See the Fines and Fees page for specifics.
Confidentiality of Patron Records
The Edwin H. Mookini Library complies with the State Attorney General’s opinion on library record confidentiality and the American Library Association’s Policy on Confidentiality of Library Records and the American Library Association’s Guidelines of Confidentiality and Coping with Law Enforcement Inquiries .
The library has an electronic detection system installed at the exit. If the alarm sounds as you exit, you are required to return to the Circulation Desk. Disciplinary action may be taken if someone attempts to remove uncharged items from the library.