Assignment 1 - Getting Access
Before you can access online library resources, you must be registered with the library, which is different than registering for classes. Learn why and how with our short How to Register with the Library video.
Your library account may already be active, but if not, registering can take a few days to process, so don't delay!
On this page:
Accessing Online Library Resources
Many of the library’s resources require you to use the library’s links to get full access. It is important to start your academic research from the library’s website: going directly into a database (e.g. www.jstor.org) won't give you the same level of access that the library pays for.
- If you are outside the library or are using the library’s wireless network, when you select the name of a database (Academic Search Complete, JSTOR, ScienceDirect, etc.) you will be asked to log in using your UH username and password.
- If you are sitting in the Mookini Library using one of the library’s computers, you will not need to log in when you select a database since you will have already logged into the library’s network when you signed on to the computer.
How To Register With The Library
You must be registered with the Mookini Library to use the databases. You may need to do this each semester. See these instructions about how to check your access and register.
- If you are logged in on another tab with a non-UH Google / Gmail account, you will need to either:
- log out of that one and log in with your UH username and password
- use the Mookini Library website from another browser, i.e., Chrome instead of Firefox.
- You may also need to clear your browser cache and / or restart your computer.
If you are still having problems with database access, try these troubleshooting tips.
To Do - Assignment Instructions
Fill out this short form to indicate whether you can access the library's databases.