You are viewing internship #77. View all internships.
- Kamehameha Schools
- Internship Opportunities
- Extended description:
Kamehameha Schools is a private charitable educational trust endowed by the will of Hawaiian princess Bernice Pauahi Bishop (1831-1884), the great-granddaughter and last direct descendant of King Kamehameha I.
The mission of Kamehameha Schools is to improve the capability and well-being of Hawaiians through education. We achieve our mission by operating an educational system serving over 6,900 students of Hawaiian ancestry at K-12 campuses on O‘ahu, Maui and Hawai‘i island, and at 30 preschool sites statewide.
We also extend our educational reach into the community to serve over 40,000 additional learners annually through a range of programs and community collaborations. These efforts include community charter school support and literacy enhancement programs for public school children, making KS the largest private contributor to Hawai‘i’s public school system.
Our educational outreach also includes preschool, K-12 and post-high scholarships enabling Hawaiian learners to attend educational institutions outside of the KS system.
Our work and energy at Kamehameha Schools is guided by innovative strategic plans that map out the direction of our educational and stewardship efforts in the years to come. Our plans include countless opportunities to broaden and deepen Kamehameha’s impact on the wellbeing of our people through KS programs and with the assistance of dedicated individuals, groups and organizations who share our educational mission.
- Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Enrolled in a post-secondary education program, or have graduated within the previous year.
- Proficient in the use of the PC/Mac and standard office software.
** Other qualifications vary based on internship type.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing undergraduate degree.
- Academic and work experience in business administration.
- Able to work during the summer period.
- Work experience in an institutional investment setting.
- Academic and work experience in Business Administration.
- Frequently sits, perform desk-based computer tasks and grasp light or fine manipulation, talk or hear.
- Occasionally stand and/or walk, write by hand, and lift and/or carry, push and/or pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist, bend, stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, climb, reach or work above shoulder, or grasp forcefully.
- This position may involve traveling to various locations, including neighbor islands to conduct business.
- Work is conducted in an office/school environment and may require work to be conducted in non-standard workplaces.
- Work is typically conducted Monday through Friday at normal business hours but evening and weekend hours are often required to meet goals and objectives.
- Kamehameha Schools Internship Link
- paid internship This is a paid internship.
- Majors: Education majors
- Tags: Education Kamehameha Schools Teaching