You are viewing internship #39. View all internships.
- Hawaiʻi Youth Conservation Corps
- Summer Team Member
- Extended description:
The Hawaiʻi Youth Conservation Corps – Summer (HYCC Summer) program offers individuals the chance to gain restoration experience in a supportive team environment. Participants are assigned to a specific island and spend the summer months working outdoors at various environmental organizations. The HYCC Summer program posts applications for two roles: team member and team leader. In addition to working in the field alongside the group, team leaders hold a few extra responsibilities including coordinating workdays with sites, setting the daily agenda and providing mentorship and guidance to participants.
Upon completion of the program, many members leave with greater confidence because the fieldwork and cultural education they experience through place-based learning provide opportunities to develop leadership skills and gain vocational training. In addition to learning the fundamentals of natural resource stewardship, participants also receive college credit, monetary stipends and AmeriCorps education awards to support their future endeavors.
- Earn a $4000 volunteer service award
- Earn a $1,222 Education Award (similar to a scholarship) towards higher education
- Complete over 300 hours of environmental community service
- Use this internship to satisfy Hawaii DOE School Senior Project requirement (check with your school’s administrators)
- Travel to unique and beautiful places and attend our annual Environmental Fair
- Optional chance to earn College Credits
- Receive hands-on environmental education, CPR/1st Aid training, and valuable job and life skills
- Meet mentors and potential employers in the conservation field
- Serve as a positive role model and mentor to a team of youth
- And most of all, help protect Hawaiʻi’s natural resources and make a positive impact in your community!
Position Information: Positions are available on Kaua‘i, Moloka‘i, O‘ahu, Maui, and Hawai‘i Island.
Complete the Online Application: Please read ALL instructions and answer questions to the best of your ability. Application must be received by the deadline.
Submit 2 Reference Forms: Applicants must have two people fill out reference forms (recommending you for the program) by the deadline. References must be non-relatives.
This opportunity recurs annually.
- Required Qualifications:
- Be at least 21 years of age by June 5th, 2018
- Have own housing and transportation
- Pass a background check/driving history check/drug test
- Meet the necessary physical and behavioral requirements
- Hawaiʻi Youth Conservation Corps Internship Link
- paid internship This is a paid internship.
- Majors: Agriculture majors Biology majors Environmental Science majors Natural Resources Management majors Tropical Conservation Biology majors Education majors
- Tags: Agriculture Biology Ecology Environmental Science Natural Resources Management Tropical Conservation Biology Education