You are viewing internship #37. View all internships.
- Pacific Internship Programs for Exploring Science (PIPES)
- The Pacific Internship Programs for Exploring Science (PIPES) operates as an umbrella program for three internship opportunities and works to coordinate a collaborative program for all participants in the three internship programs each summer.
- Extended description:
Activities: At the start of each summer all PIPES student interns participate in a mandatory 4-day orientation held in Hilo, Hawaiʻi and then participate in a 10-week internship experience focused on conservation science, natural resources management, and/or environmental education and outreach. Interns work on mentored research projects with mentors from university, Federal, State, and Counties agencies, as well as non-profit organizations.
All internships are paid experiences. Housing and travel expenses are provided through the REU program only, however, some housing opportunities may be available through the UHHIP program (contingent on funding).
The opportunities available through PIPES are:
- Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)
- University of Hawaiʻi Hawaiian Internship Program (UHHIP)
- Micronesia and American Samoa Student Internship Program (MASSIP)
Complete online application at the PIPES website. Additional materials must be submitted to the PIPES office by fax, mail, or email. Additional materials include:
- Essay response
- Resume / C.V.
- Faculty recommendation forms
Submit materials to:
PIPES Program University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo 200 W. Kawili St. Hilo, HI 96720 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (808) 933-0704
Questions? Call (808) 933-0705 or email email@example.com.
- Required Qualifications:
To qualify for PIPES you must be:
- An undergraduate student (Note: for REU, you must be a continuing student in the fall after your internship);
- a U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident;
- be in good academic standing (minimum overall GPA of 2.0); and
- Interested in pursuing a career related to tropical conservation science, resource management, and/or environmental education and outreach.
- Pacific Internship Programs for Exploring Science (PIPES) Internship Link
- paid internship This is a paid internship.
- Majors: Engineering majors Agriculture majors Physics majors Communication majors Geography majors Geology majors Business majors Marketing majors Computer Science majors Chemistry majors Biology majors Physics majors Astronomy majors English majors Environmental Science majors Natural Resource Management majors Tropical Conservation Biology majors Education majors
- Tags: Engineering Agriculture Physics Communication Business Marketing Computer Science Chemistry Biology Physics Astronomy English Environmental Science Natural Resource Management Tropical Conservation Biology Education