- Helpful Links
- Getting Around
- Realtors (Other off-campus contacts)
- Meal Plans
- Helpful Resources
- Contact Us!
Need a place to stay? Check out these listings of off-campus housing locations around the University. You can also find room availability, contacts, and other information that can help you decide which place is right for you. Please check with the supervisor by contacting them through the given information below. This site is specifically a resource for students looking for off-campus accommodations.
The Hele-On bus is servicing the Hilo International Airport. Please check out the bus schedule for more information.
- Tenant Rights & Responsibilities Handbook
- If you have a dispute with your property manager or want to file a complaint about unsafe or unhealthy living conditions, UH Hilo is not able to assist with such complaints. We strongly encourage you to contact the Department of Commerce & Consumer Affairs and file a consumer complaint. You can also contact the Office of Housing and Community Development for the County of Hawaiʻi to inquire about how to file a complaint (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: (808) 961-8379).
- Hawaiʻi's Landlord-Tenant Code
- Avoiding craigslist Scams
- Hele On Bus Schedule Link
- Apartment Checklist Form
You must contact the listings directly.
The UH Hilo campus is located close to many shopping areas as well as places of interest. You can find many places within a short distance of the campus.
Hilo has a public transportation system run by buses that can take you to many of the more popular areas around Hilo and the island. View Hele-On bus schedules and information.
|Adult Student Housing||Tel: (808) 959-9518|
|Birds & Blossoms Retreat Bed & Breakfast||Tel: (808) 769-3376
|City View Apartments||Tel: (808) 935-4152
|Hale Haumana||Tel:(808) 935-8796 (office) (808) 217-6164 (cell)
Email: email@example.com Manager: Sal Horiuchi
|Hilo Lagoon Centre||Tel: (808) 935-2995|
|Hilo Val Hala||Tel: (808) 961-3545
|Tohbi Hale||Tel: (808) 935-8796 (office) (808) 217-6164 (cell)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Manager: Sal Horiuchi
|University Palms||Tel: (808) 895-8965
|Waiakea Lagoon View Apartments||Tel: (808) 969-7160 (office); (808) 969-6902 (Gen. Mgr.),
(808) 840-9316 (resident mgr)
|Waiakea Villas||Tel: (808) 961-2841
Realtors (Other off-campus contacts)
The following are phone numbers of Realtors for additional off-campus listings and hotels should you require unexpected overnight stays
- Clarke Realty - (808) 961-6015
- Day-Lum Properties - (808) 935-4152
- Ginoza Realty Inc. - (808) 969-1471
- Melissa Kalauli Realty - (808) 961-5562
- RSM, Inc. - (808) 961-5255
- Century 21 Homefinders of Hawaiʻi - (808) 935-7119
- Jordan Property Management & Sales - (808) 969-3940
- Grand Naniloa Hotel Hilo - (808) 969-3333
- Hilo Hawaiian Hotel - (808) 935-9361
- Hilo Seaside Hotel - (808) 935-0821 / 1-800-560 5557
- Hilo Vacation Rentals - 1-800-813-3306
- Arnott's Lodge & Hiking Adventures, (808) 969-7097, email@example.com
- Greenwilmind Rentals, (808) 825 7634
- Hilo Bay Hostel, (808) 933-2771, firstname.lastname@example.org
Students wishing to participate on a on-campus meal plan may download the Meal Plan and submit it to the UH Hilo University Housing Office.
More information can be found on the UH Hilo Campus Dining website.
Fax: (808) 932-7361
Office Location: Student Services Center (SSC), Room E-102
Here at UH Hilo Off-Campus Housing, we value your ideas and/or comments and would love to hear from you! Send us your ideas on ways we can better serve our off-campus commuter students at email@example.com.