Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) | UH Hilo Technology Help Desk

Questions from Faculty/Staff

Who do I contact when my office PC is broken or isn’t working right?
Contact the Academic Computing Services Help Desk by filling out this online Trouble Report Form.
How do I borrow A/V equipment?
Requests for audio/visual equipment loans should be made by calling the library at (808) 932-7653 or (808) 932-7286. Information on available equipment is on the library website.
I can't get the A/V equipment to work in my classroom and I need it now! Help?
Please call (808) 932-7040 for immediate assistance.
I would like to set up a website for my class or department. What do I need to do?
First, you'll want to figure out exactly what you want your website to cover. Once you have gathered the content, contact Web Services to set up a meeting to discuss options for developing and placing your content on the web.
What can I put on my website?
Your website can be developed with almost anything that you wish to put on it. This includes pictures, sounds, syllabi, etc., but there will be certain restrictions based on such factors as accessibility of web content and target audience browser requirements (mobile / desktop). If you have a specific concern, please contact Web Services.
I have some text and/or photographs I would like scanned for my web page. Who can do this for me?
Web Services has text and photo scanning capabilities for faculty and staff. Please contact them for specific details.
How do I subscribe/unsubscribe to the faculty ʻOhana Email List?
You are automatically subscribed to the ʻOhana list upon your employment at UH Hilo. If you requested removal or were not subscribed, please contact Technology Services and Support.
How do I cancel a trouble report?
Look up the trouble report on the Trouble Report Status page and you may cancel it from there. You will need to enter your email and the Trouble Report number emailed to you when you filed the report.

Questions from Students

I am a student and I need to print my document. Where can I go?
Printing is available in the library and a number of other places on campus. Printing details are available on the library website.
How do I obtain an ITS username ( email account)?
Go to to apply for the account. If you are not able to create your own account, contact the Office of Campus Technology (see left sidebar for contact information).