Financial Aid

Determination of Award Status Based on Enrollment

Your enrollment at the end of the add/drop period of each term will determine your enrollment status (i.e. full-time, half-time, etc.) for that term.  Your financial aid award will be based on your enrollment status.  For undergraduate students, enrollment status is determined as follows:

Award Status Enrollment
Full-time 12 or more credit hours
Three-quarter time 9 - 11 credit hours
Half-time 6 - 8 credit hours
Less than half-time 5 or less credit hours

For graduate or professional students:

Award Status Enrollment
Full-time 6 or more credit hours
Half-time 3 - 5 credit hours

Credits taken at other campuses within the University of Hawaiʻi System may be counted to determine your enrollment status as long as the courses are required for your degree.  Before they can be counted, the courses must be approved by an academic advisor.  You must complete a

Prior Authorization for Transfer Credit Form for Financial Aid Form and submit a signed copy to the Financial Aid Office.  If you are enrolled in classes at an institution outside of the University of Hawaiʻi System, a consortium agreement must also be completed with the other campus.