'Ike Wai Research Experience in Data Science 2018
2019 'Ike Wai Data Science Summer Research Program - INFO COMING SOON!
A Second Pair of Eyes: Digital Image Analysis of Hawaiian Coral Reefs
This project will be split up into 2 parts: Wet Phase and Dry Phase
- Wet Phase: In Situ Characterization of Hawaiian Coral Reefs
- Dry Phase: Data Processing, Analysis, and Machine Learning
Project details: Coming soon!
Requirements for ʻIke Wai Research Experience:
- Current UH Hilo or UH Hilo bound student
- Prior experience with programming and/or experience in psychology and/or education
- Prior experience with statistics
- Interest in Data Science research
- Availability during May 30 - June 7 (Wet) and/or July 1 - Aug 2 (Dry)
What do students get?
- A focused introduction to data science techniques to be used in research projects
- A 5-week research experience under the guidance of UH Hilo Professors
- Wet Phase only = $500
- Dry Phase only = $2000
- Wet and Dry Phases = $3000
Final Application Deadline: 5:00 PM, Thursday April 19, 2018
Questions? Please contact Bob Pelayo at email@example.com