Screencasting - Screencast-O-Matic
Need assistance with your Online Course(s)?
General Introduction to Recording your Desktop
Screencast-O-Matic is a free online screen-casting application. This is easy to use screen-recording application utilizes your web browser and is not dependent on your operating system (PC or Mac). After recording your lesson, the application will create a video file that can be upload to YouTube for sharing.
Watch the Screencast-O-Matic overview video to see the functionality of the application. (2:10)
Beginner's Guide to Screencasting (8:01)
- Real-time recording
- Ability to record screen + webcam
- 15 min clip limit
- Software will create an uploadable MP4 video file (for YouTube)
- Free version does not include a video editor
- Download the Cheat Sheet
Premier Version for all UH Hilo Faculty
Free for UH Hilo Teaching Faculty
Create an account and/or log into Screencast-O-Matic
- No recording time limit
- Auto speech to text captioning and editing
- Video editing
- Import and insert MP4 videos
- Mobile device recorder:
- Mobile device - Auto transfer videos to desktop editor
- Direct upload to YouTube
- Direct upload to Google Drive
Premier access is available by invitation only. Invitations are automatically sent to all UH Hilo Teaching Faculty members. If you have not received an invitation, please contact Cindy Yamaguchi @ firstname.lastname@example.org to request an account upgrade.