Distance Learning Programs at UH Hilo
On this page:
- What is Distance Learning?
- Online Programs Offered at UH Hilo
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Kahuawaiola Indigenous Teacher Education Program (by videoconferencing)
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology (by videoconferencing)
- Master of Arts in Indigenous Language & Culture Education (by videoconferencing)
- Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Registered Nursing (RN) to Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Former Program - Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- UH Distance Programs @ UH Hilo
What is Distance Learning?
Distance Learning (DL) , also called distance education, e-learning and online learning, is a form of education that utilizes the use of various technologies (such as cable, Interactive Video (ITV) and Internet) to facilitate student-instructor and student-student interactions without having to be physically present in the same location. Students across the Big Island and the State of Hawaiʻi are invited to review all of the online opportunities for programs and courses offered by the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo and across the University of Hawaiʻi system.
Online Programs Offered at UH Hilo
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
For those nurses wishing to improve and transform health care through an advanced level of nursing science.
Kahuawaiola Indigenous Teacher Education Program (by videoconferencing)
The Kahuawaiola Indigenous Teacher Education Program is a three-semester post-baccalaureate program, delivered primarily through the medium of Hawaiian, specifically designed to prepare Mauli Ola Hawaiʻi (Hawaiian identity nurturing) teachers of the highest quality to teach in Hawaiian language medium schools, Hawaiian language and culture programs in English medium schools, and schools serving students with a strong Hawaiian cultural background.
Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology (by videoconferencing)
The Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology is a 60-semester-hour, two-year program that is designed to provide multicultural, student-centered training in counseling psychology with a specialization in clinical mental health counseling. The graduates are eligible to become a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in the state of Hawaii and elsewhere. The program is offered through the Department of Psychology.
- Mission and program information
- Distance Education information and policy
- Contact for MA in Counseling Psychology Program
Master of Arts in Indigenous Language & Culture Education (by videoconferencing)
Designed for indigenous language and culture education practitioners.
- Provides students with the tools to carry out indigenous language and culture education in their language of focus
- ICLE M.A. Mission, entrance requirements, and graduation requirements
Master of Education (M.Ed.)
This high-quality program is uniquely designed for working teachers and features online classes, small class sizes, professors who care about student learning and a supportive cohort learning community which enhances success.
Registered Nursing (RN) to Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN)
For the working RN wishing to get a BS in Nursing.
Former Program - Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
For students seeking information about the former BA in Psychology program.
UH Distance Programs @ UH Hilo
In an effort to strengthen UH Hilo's impact on the community, Island and state of Hawaiʻi (Strategic Plan: Goal 5), UH Hilo provides our island residents the opportunity to access our UH sister institutions' distance learning programs.
Below are the UH Distance Learning Programs that are offered by interactive video (ITV) on the UH Hilo campus.
Program and contact information
- Masters of Human Resource Management, offered by UH Mānoa
- Masters in Library and Information Science Program, offered by UH Mānoa
- Masters of Science in Nursing, offered by UH Mānoa
- Masters in Social Work offered by UH Mānoa
Need a Mānoa Photo ID to purchase books and use the campus library? The UH Hilo Campus Center can make this happen.