UH Hilo Voice Over IP (VOIP)
How Do I Use the Phone System?
The following training manuals are available:
- Avaya 1140 IP Desk Phone Guide (PDF)
- Avaya 1220/1230 IP Desk Phones Guide (PDF)
- Avaya Aura Messaging Web Interface (PDF)
- Avaya VOIP Phone Reference Guide (PDF)
- User Guide for Analog Phones (PDF)
How do I call other phones?
To dial on-campus extensions, dial the last four digits of the phone number.
To dial off-campus, dial 9 1 (XXX) XXX-XXXX.
How do I access voicemail?
VOIP handsets have a button dedicated for voicemail access. There are specific instructions available for traditional handsets.
How do I get new business cards and stationery?
Please contact Kelcie Valbuena at the UH Hilo Graphics department to order new business cards and stationery.
Whom do I contact if my new phone, phone number, or voicemail isn’t working?
Please call the normal UH Hilo OCT Help Desk at 932-7040.
What are the key phone numbers I should know?
- Campus Security - 974-7911 (unchanged, but VOIP users will be able to dial the 7911 short code or 7013 on campus)
- Campus Switchboard - 932-7000
- Admissions - 932-7446
- Help Desk - 932-7040
- Human Resources - 932-7626
- Concierge - 932-7799
To whom do I address my other questions about VOIP at UH Hilo?
Please direct questions to Auxiliary Services.
If you have information or suggestions specifically for this web page, please contact Sunny Walker.
Last updated: 2021-06-29.