Providing the solid foundations in kinesiology, exercise sciences and therapeutic medicine with the premier program of Exercise Science on the Big Island of Hawai'i.
Who are we?
Academic program in health and movement sciences
- We educate students in the fields of kinesiology, athletic performance, sports medicine, athletic training, and physical/occupational therapy in order to prepare them for careers in these, or tangential, professions
- The premier program on the Big Island of Hawaiʻi, representing students from the state of Hawaiʻi
- We present an inviting and exciting small-program opportunity targeting Hawaiian, Western-United States, and foreign students who want a comfortable and personal education experience
What we do:
- To teach, advise, mentor and befriend our students
- To provide solid foundations in kinesiology, exercise sciences, and sports and therapeutic medicine
- To conduct student-driven research
- To set up and guide students for internships in our fields
- To support advanced education
- To provide references and recommendations for advancement of our students
- To advise on professional progression, and on post-secondary education
- To provide career-related experiences
Who benefits from our work the most?
- Hawaiian, Western-United States, and foreign students
- The university (re: tuition funds from students; our availability as a recruiting option for potential students; national reputation of faculty members)
- Other departments of the university (interdepartmental research experience)
- Parents of students who are comforted by our care and professional advancement of their children
- Businesses in the community who take in our students for internships, or hire our students