Zheng An, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
Ph.D., University of Southern California
M.A. University of New Mexico
B.A. Tsinghua University
- Social Media
- Communication Technology
- Health Communication
- Cross-Cultural Communication
- Seminar in Social Media
- Health Communication
- Introduction to Human Communication Research
- Introduction to Theories of Human Communication
- Impact of Mass Media
- An, Z. (in press). Emotional and relationship well-being for post-80s Chinese mothers receiving family support for childcare: Comparing tangible support and supportive communication. Chinese Journal of Communication.
- McLaughlin, M., Hou, J., Meng, J., Hu, C., An, Z., Park, M., & Nam, Y. (2016). Propagation of information about Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV prevention through Twitter. Health Communication, 31(8), 998-1007. doi: 10.1080/10410236.2015.1027033
- An, Z., & Chou, P-C. (2015). Social support for first-time Chinese mothers in contexts of provider-recipient relationships. Health Communication, 31(4), 504-512. doi: 10.1080/10410236.2014.973556
- An, Z., & McDermott, V. M. (2014). The effects of sociocultural factors and perceptions of mental illness on indirect disclosure preferences. Communication Research Reports, 31(3), 281-291. doi: 10.1080/08824096.2014.924338
- An, Z., McLaughlin, M., Hou, J., Nam, Y., Hu, C., Park, M., & Meng, J. (2014). Social media representation and dissemination of pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP): A semantic network analysis of HIV prevention drug on Twitter. In G. Meiselwitz (Ed.), Social computing and social media (pp. 160-169). Switzerland: Springer.
- An, Z. (2014). The dilemma of receiving support from in-laws: A study of the discourse of online pregnancy and childbirth support groups. China Media Research, 10(3), 32-42.
- Ognyanova, K., Chen, N., Ball-Rokeach, S., An, Z., Son, M., Parks, M., & Gerson, D. (2013). Online participation in a community context: Civic engagement and connections to local communication resources. International Journal of Communication, 7, 2433-2456.
- McLaughlin M., Nam, Y., May, W., Georgiou, P., Baezconde-Garbanati, L., & An, Z. (2013). Technology-based medical interpretation for cross-language communication: In person, telephone, and videoconference interpretation and its comparative impact on limited English proficiency (LEP) patient and doctor. In P. L. P. Rau (Ed.), Cross-cultural design. Cultural differences in everyday life (pp. 137-146). Berlin Heidelberg: Springer.
- Hong, Y., Bar, F., & An, Z. (2012). Chinese telecommunications on the threshold of convergence: Contexts, possibilities and limitations of forging a domestic demand-based growth model. Telecommunications Policy, 36(10-11), 914-928. doi: 10.1016/j.telpol.2012.07.013