...a summer of Fabulous Moving Art
The 6 week-end Saturday/Sunday dates for SAiH June 24/25; July 1 and 2, 8/9, 15/16, 22/23, 29/30
Each course (ART 100/300) in this concurrent offering requires a minimum enrollment of 12 students.
Instruction will be shared by the cohort of SAiH faculty. Each faculty will be required to conduct:
- Six (6) 2.5 hour Saturday studio instructional labs
…and participate in
- Six (6) 2.5 hour Sunday group review/discussions
Historically we have been allowed to combine ART 100/300 to reach minimum enrollment. In this instance, each faculty would be responsible for 1 credit summer teaching.
If each section (ART 100 and 300) reaches minimum enrollment, each faculty would be responsible for 2 credits of summer teaching.
Either way…a total of 5 hours split between Sat/Sun for a run of 6 weeks June 24 – July 30, 2017.
Sample Schedule (6/24 – 7/30/2017)
- 2-D Sketchbook/Drawing and Painting with Fidalis Beuhler, 8:00 am – 10:30 am
- 3-D Material and Form with Monika Mann and Wendy Yothers, 11:30 am – 2:00 pm
- Space Robotics with Marc Roberts … 3:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Group Session with all Faculty/Students
- Late afternoon 3:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Open Studio Hours
Hours will be announced for open lab access.
Program Dates: June 19 through July 28, 2017
- May 31, 2017: SAiH registration deadline
- Admission to the program after 5/31/2017 will be contingent upon availability of remaining program seats
For the six week 3 credit course (A lab fee $100 also applies):
|Undergraduate - Resident||$300|
|Undergraduate - Non-Resident||$435|
|Western Undergraduate Exchange/Pacific Islanders||$347.501|
|Student Life Center||$35|
|Lab and Other Fees||Varies|
Housing: Dormitory housing (if needed) is available through the UH Hilo Summer Housing Program.
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Art Department is offering a limited number of scholarships for its Summer Art Institute Hilo program. These competitive awards will provide a half tuition waiver for Hawaiʻi residents who wish to attend SAiH. Scholarships will be awarded based the quality of applications. Applications must include:
- Completed application form (PDF)
- Three JPEG images of your current two dimensional artwork. Images should be 1000 pixels on the longest side.
- A copy of your undergraduate transcript(s)
For more information, contact:Art Department, Chair
University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo
200 W. Kawili St.
Hilo, HI 96720-4091
Phone: (808) 932-7237
Fax: (808) 974-7712
For summer 2017, the board of regents has approved a special rate for the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) and for pacific island students. The rate is $347.50 per credit. ↩︎