VII. Non-Discrimination/Harassment and Behavioral Health
These guidelines are interim only and are subject to revision, until we can complete consultation with the unions.
UH Hilo values and is committed to fostering a diverse academic environment. Discrimination, harassment, and intimidation based on one's race, national origin, ethnicity, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic are strictly prohibited. Reports of any incident of discrimination, harassment or intimidation should follow University procedures.
B. Domestic Violence
Stay-at-home orders have forced domestic violence victims to stay in close proximity with their abusers. If you or anyone you know is a victim of domestic violence, please contact:
Domestic Violence Action Center (M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- To text or chat, call (605) 956-5680
- To speak to someone by phone, call (808) 531-3771 or toll free at (800) 690-6200
National Domestic Violence Hotline (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- 1-800-799-SAFE (7233); TTY 1-800-787-3224
- West Hawaiʻi: (808) 322-7233
- East Hawaiʻi: (808) 959-8864
YWCA Hawaiʻi Island Sexual Assault Support Services (SASS) 24/7 Crisis Hotline
- Islandwide: (808) 935-0677 (all calls are confidential)