COVID-19 Information for Employees
On this page:
- Vaccination Policy for Employees
- Travel Reporting and Post-Travel Testing
- COVID Testing and Vaccination for Employees
- At Home COVID-19 Test Kits
- General Employee Information
- Faculty Teaching Resources
- General Guidelines
Last updated 26 January
Vaccination Policy for Employees
Effective January 3, 2022, all University employees must be vaccinated for the COVID-19 virus. An employee may obtain a medical or religious exemption from the COVID-19 vaccine student health requirement. Employees with approved exemptions must receive proof of a current negative-19 test from a UH recognized facility.
Please see the University of Hawaiʻi 2022 Employee COVID-19 Mandatory VaccinationPolicy for additional specifics.
Travel Reporting and Post-Travel Testing
Reporting off-island travel is no longer required. Please continue to take all precautions to keep yourself safe and healthy and get a vaccine if you have not already. In addition to helping keep our campus safe, the vaccine will facilitate travel both inter-island and out-of-state for anyone who wishes to go. University-funded travel will still require permission, as it is still subject to the budget freeze.
It is strongly recommending that all students and employees, vaccinated and unvaccinated, who are returning from out-of-state travel, business or personal, obtain two negative test results:
- The first should be obtained immediately upon return to Hawaiʻi, prior to returning to campus
- The second should be obtained within three-to-five days of returning from travel.
COVID Testing and Vaccination for Employees
COVID-19 Booster and Testing On-Campus Clinic:
UH Hilo hosts an on-campus booster and testing clinic on Fridays in the Spring 2022 semester, Noon – 4 p.m, in Rose and Raymond Tseng Terrace (UCB 127) on a first-come, first-served basis. Employees seeking boosters may email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. You must bring: 1) valid State ID; 2) medical insurance card; and 3) vaccination card to verify previous doses.
Employees seeking their first series of vaccinations or COVID testing may also attend.
External Testing Option for Employees:
Clinical Labs statewide. PCR testing. Registration required. Testing by online appointment only; walk-ins not accepted. This program ends February 28, 2022.
At Home COVID-19 Test Kits
The State Employer-Union Health Benefits Trust Fund (EUTF) is encouraging all EUTF members to order your four free-at home COVID-19 tests (per residence) through COVIDtests.gov. In addition, EUTF has produced their 1st Update and FAQ for EUTF members to reference.
General Employee Information
- Coronavirus COVID-19 FAQs for Employees (requires UH login)
- Telework information and forms
- COVID Telewrok is being permitted to continue until further notice.
Faculty Teaching Resources
- Any faculty needing support with online teaching may contact email@example.com.
- UH Hilo Distance Essentials for Remote Delivery
- Teaching Online During an Emergency
- UH Online Instructional Design (ID) Service Request
When moving to online teaching, it is essential that materials made available online are accessible to all users, including those using screen readers or other assistive technology. The Accessibility at UH page has several resources to help with this process, including Online Accessibility Training covering topics such as caption and instructional design.
- Creating Accessible Media
- Accessible Files
- Accessibility Tools
- Checklist for Making Accessible Microsoft Office and PDF Documents
For Staff On Campus
- Complete your Lumisight UH check-in prior to coming to campus.
- Please continue to practice healthy behaviors: hand washing, social distancing, etc.
For Staff and Non-instructional Faculty Teleworking
- Be sure to fill out the telework form and consult with your supervisor on a workplan. Remember to complete a workplan within 5 days of starting your working from home.
- Please use the new category in the online leave system to record those days you are teleworking as well. This will help us apply for federal funding that may be available.
- If you need to come to campus as part of a rotation system in your unit or to pick up materials, open mail, etc., please observe social distancing and wash your hands frequently.
- Make sure your supervisor knows if you will be on campus and in the office. We want to be able to tell security and maintenance/custodial staff which buildings are being used and how often.
For Instructional Faculty
- You do not need to fill out the telework form.
- Please do let your dean and department chair know if you will be coming in and approximately how often so that we can inform security and maintenance/custodial staff.
- If you come onto campus, practice safe behaviors: social distancing, and hand washing, etc.
- Department meetings, work on accreditation issues, and other regular business may be accomplished remotely.
- Get vaccinated. Wear masks following posted guidelines.
- When not at work, limit your exposure to the public: practice physical distancing when out in the community, wash your hands frequently.
- If you are sick, stay home and let your supervisor know. Follow the advice of medical professionals.
- Take good care of your families and stay connected with loved ones.
- Check your email and the COVID-19 website for hours of facilities and offices and other important updates.