COVID-19 Information for Employees
On this page:
- Reporting Out-of-State Travel
- General Employee Information
- Faculty Teaching Resources
- General Guidelines
Last updated 7 April, 10am, changing out-of-state to off-island.
Reporting Off-Island Travel
All UH Hilo employees must report off-island travel (personal or work-related) for tracking of possible self-quarantine period reporting and receive clearance prior to returning to campus. Students have already received a form through which we are tracking.
General Employee Information
- Coronavirus COVID-19 FAQs for Employees (requires UH login)
- 2020 Island Flex Open Enrollment will remain open until April 30, but in-person informational workshops have been cancelled. Please visit the above COVID-19 FAQs for Employees link for details.
- Telework information and forms
Faculty Teaching Resources
- Any faculty needing support with online teaching may contact email@example.com.
- UH Hilo Distance Essentials for Remote Delivery
- Teaching Online During an Emergency
- UH Online Instructional Design (ID) Service Request
When moving to online teaching, it is essential that materials made available online are accessible to all users, including those using screen readers or other assistive technology. The Accessibility at UH page has several resources to help with this process, including Online Accessibility Training covering topics such as caption and instructional design.
- Creating Accessible Media
- Accessible Files
- Accessibility Tools
- Checklist for Making Accessible Microsoft Office and PDF Documents
For Staff On Campus
- We are making every effort to keep you safe by decreasing the amount of traffic on campus.
- Please continue to practice healthy behaviors: hand washing, social distancing, etc.
- Verify with your supervisor your work schedule, any rotations or change in hours and whether you will be asked to telework some days.
For Staff and Non-instructional Faculty Teleworking
- Be sure to fill out the telework form and consult with your supervisor on a workplan. Remember to complete a workplan within 5 days of starting your working from home.
- Please use the new category in the online leave system to record those days you are teleworking as well. This will help us apply for federal funding that may be available.
- If you need to come to campus as part of a rotation system in your unit or to pick up materials, open mail, etc., please observe social distancing and wash your hands frequently.
- Note that many buildings will be locked, so you will need your keys to enter.
- Make sure your supervisor knows if you will be on campus and in the office. We want to be able to tell security and maintenance/custodial staff which buildings are being used and how often.
For Instructional Faculty
- You do not need to fill out the telework form.
- Please do let your dean and department chair know if you will be coming in and approximately how often so that we can inform security and maintenance/custodial staff.
- If you come onto campus, practice safe behaviors: social distancing, and hand washing, etc.
- Given the governor's orders, you should not be requiring any face to face meetings, including proctored exams, with students through April 30.
- Please do continue to hold department meetings, work on accreditation issues, and as much regular business as you can accomplish remotely.
- When not at work, limit your exposure to the public: practice social distancing when out in the community, wash your hands frequently.
- If you are sick, stay home and let your supervisor know. Follow the advice of medical professionals.
- If you can work from home, do so.
- Take good care of your families and stay connected with loved ones.
- Check your email and the COVID-19 website for hours of facilities and offices and other important updates.