On this page:
- COVID-19 Info for Students and Employees (updated 3 April 8am)
- Campus Updates (updated 5 April 2pm)
- Building Closures (updated 30 March 2pm)
In response to the COVID-19 health crisis, the 10 campuses of the University of Hawaiʻi are closed, effective immediately, to everyone except current students, employees, and select services.
The safety of our students, faculty, staff, and community is most important. Effective Monday, March 23, after spring break, UH classes will be moving to online instruction and other actions to address the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please also read the latest message from Chancellor Irwin regarding COVID-19, and steps being taken by UH to control the spread.
COVID-19 Info for Students and Employees
If you are returning to UH Hilo from out-of-state, please submit a response to the UH Hilo Student Travel Survey Form.
Last updated April 5, 2:00pm., regarding CSAV.
All public events in a confined space that are sponsored by UH are being postponed or canceled as of Monday, March 16 for the next 8 weeks.
- Adopt a Beehive with Alan Wong: April event canceled.
- Astro Day: postponed.
- Bookstore: closed as of 4/2, phone and online orders only.
- Career and Academic Advising: online and phone only.
- Cashier's Office: departmental deposits to the Night Deposit Box only.
- Center for Community Engagement (CCE) Non-Credit Classes: all Spring and Summer classes canceled.
- Center for Study of Active Volcanoes, International Training Program: Postponed until 2021.
- Commencement ceremony: canceled.
- Earth Day: April events canceled.
- Emergency Training and Exercise: postponed until further notice.
- Food Services:
- Campus Center Dining Room: new hours are 8am-3pm, take-out meals only.
- Deja Brew Coffee Cart, Thai Smile, Anuenue's Kitchen and Teapresso food and beverage concessions are closed thru Spring semester.
- Hale Kehau for residence hall students only.
- Hale Paʻi ʻAi Food Pantry: closed but offering meal vouchers.
- Graphics Services: reduced hours.
- ‘Imiloa Astronomy Center: closed through April 30.
- Island Flex info workshops: canceled.
- Kilohana tutoring: online only.
- Maunakea Visitor Information Station: closed.
- Mookini Library: closed to the public, open for students, employees. Coffee kiosk open during library hours.
- Parking: now in “non-instructional day” status.
- Performing Arts Center: all performances cancelled thru May 12.
- Student Life Center: closed thru April 15.
- Student Medical Services: services by telephone only, Monday-Friday from 8am-4:30pm, closed from 12pm-1pm.
- Summer Swim: postponed until further notice.
- TCBES Graduate Research Symposium: postponed until this summer.
- University Relations: offices closed, contact via email or phone.
- Speakers’ Bureau: postponed.
- Vulcan Athletics: All UH Hilo sporting events have been suspended indefinitely.
- Tennis court reservations are canceled and closed until further notice.
Last updated March 30, 2:30pm.
The following buildings will remain open for employees and students to access during regular business hours:
- Administration Building
- Auxiliary Services – Mailroom only
- Mookini Library (Main floor only)
- Student Services Center third floor - Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
In addition, we are adjusting hours to service offices on campus:
- Student Services Center first and second floors: Monday – Friday, 9 am – 2 pm
- Campus Center: Monday – Friday, 9 am – 2 pm
- Campus Center Dining Room: Monday – Friday, 8 am – 3 pm
- Mailroom: Monday – Friday, 9 am – 2 pm
- Cashier’s Office: Monday – Friday, 9 am – 2 pm
- Bookstore: Monday – Friday, 10 am – 2 pm
- Graphics Services: Job Pick up Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 am – 3:30 pm. Job requests to be submitted online
- Parking Office: Closed, call 932-7001 or email email@example.com
- Human Resources: Closed, call 932-7626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contracts, Procurements and Payments office: Closed, call 932-7397
- Mookini Library (Main floor only)
- Sunday: Noon – 7 pm
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8 am – 4 pm
- Tuesday, Thursday: 8 am – 7 pm
Note: Open buildings are accessible to employees and students. Closed buildings are accessible to those with approved key access only. The restriction on public on campus remains, so open buildings are not open to the general public.
|Army Reserve Complex||Closed|
|Auxiliary Services - Mailroom||Open|
|Business Ed. & Computing Center||Closed|
|Campus Center & Bookstore||Open|
|College Hall A, B, C||Closed|
|College of Agriculture||Closed|
|Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy Modular Buildings||Closed|
|Edith Kanakaʻole Hall (EKH, K Bldg)||Closed|
|Hale Kihoʻihoʻi (Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy)||Closed|
|Haleʻōlelo (College of Hawaiian Language)||Closed|
|ʻImiloa Astronomy Center||Closed|
|Kū Kahauʻula (Institute for Astronomy)||Closed|
|Marine Science Building||Closed|
|Mookini Library & Media Center (main floor)||Open|
|Mookini Library - Learning Center (Lower Level)||Closed|
|Performing Arts Center (Theater)||Closed|
|Portable Buildings 1-22||Closed|
|Sciences and Technology Building||Closed|
|Student Life Center||Closed|
|Student Services Center - First and Second Floor||Open|
|Student Services Center - Third Floor - Office of VCSA||Open|
|University Classroom Building (UCB)||Closed|
|Waiʻōlino (College of Business Economics)||Closed|
|Off Campus Buildings||Open/Closed|
|Hilo Small Business Incubator||Closed|
|Waiākea Research Center||Closed|