On this page:
- COVID-19 Info for Students and Employees (updated 17 July)
- Campus Updates (updated 4 August)
- Building and Office Hours (updated 4 August)
Please refer to the UH Hilo Distancing Guidelines and Strategies.
See how we are preparing for next year with the Countdown to Fall 2020.
Please also read the latest message from Chancellor Irwin regarding COVID-19, and steps being taken by UH to control the spread.
COVID-19 Info for Students and Employees
Last updated 17 July for student updates and quarantine FAQ.
Please see the UH Hilo report on the The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
For research information about COVID-19 and the SARS-CoV-2 virus itself, please visit Coronavirus: Research, Commentary, and News.
Last updated 4 August, removing old/past information.
- Bookstore: phone and online orders only.
- Career and Academic Advising: online and phone only.
- Cashier's Office: departmental deposits to the Night Deposit Box only.
- Center for Study of Active Volcanoes (CSAV), International Training Program: postponed until 2021.
- Food Services:
- Graphics Services: open during Mookini Library hours.
- ‘Imiloa Astronomy Center: closed.
- Kilohana tutoring: no summer tutoring available.
- Maunakea Visitor Information Station: closed.
- Mookini Library: closed to the public, open for students, employees. Coffee kiosk open during library hours.
- Parking: now in “non-instructional day” status.
- Performing Arts Center: all performances cancelled thru December 31, 2020.
- Student Life Center: closed.
- Student Medical Services: services by telephone only, Monday-Friday from 8am-4:30pm, closed from 12pm-1pm.
- UH WiFi: available in parking zones 2 and 4.
- Vulcan Athletics: All UH Hilo sporting events have been suspended indefinitely.
- Tennis court reservations are canceled and closed until further notice.
Building and Office Hours
Last updated 4 August, regarding reopening.
While the campus will remain closed to the general public, nearly all operations will return to normal business hours, 7:45am-4:30pm Monday-Friday by August 17. Some services will remain closed in the interest of personal safety.