On this page:
- COVID-19 Info for Students and Employees (updated 21 May, 10pm)
- Campus Updates (updated 4 May, 1pm)
- Building Closures (updated 7 April, 8am)
In response to the COVID-19 health crisis, the 10 campuses of the University of Hawaiʻi are closed, effective immediately, to everyone except current students, employees, and select services.
Please also read the latest message from Chancellor Irwin regarding COVID-19, and steps being taken by UH to control the spread.
COVID-19 Info for Students and Employees
Last updated 21 May, 10pm, regarding CARES Act.
If you are returning to UH Hilo from off-island, please submit a response to the UH Hilo Student Travel Survey Form.
Please see the UH Hilo report on the The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
For research information about COVID-19 and the SARS-CoV-2 virus itself, please visit Coronavirus: Research, Commentary, and News.
Last updated 24 April, 4pm, regarding reopening in Fall.
- Adopt a Beehive with Alan Wong: April event canceled.
- Astro Day: postponed.
- Bookstore: closed as of 4/2, phone and online orders only.
- Career and Academic Advising: online and phone only.
- Cashier's Office: departmental deposits to the Night Deposit Box only.
- Center for Community Engagement (CCE) Non-Credit Classes: all Spring and Summer classes canceled.
- Center for Study of Active Volcanoes (CSAV), International Training Program: postponed until 2021.
- Commencement ceremony: canceled.
- Earth Day: April events canceled.
- Emergency Training and Exercise: postponed until further notice.
- Food Services:
- Campus Center Dining Room: hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-2pm for take-out meals and family dinner orders through Friday, May 8, 2020.
- Deja Brew Coffee Cart, Thai Smile, Anuenue's Kitchen and Teapresso food and beverage concessions are closed thru Spring semester.
- Hale Kehau for residence hall students only.
- Hale Paʻi ʻAi Food Pantry: closed but offering meal vouchers.
- Graphics Services: reduced hours.
- ‘Imiloa Astronomy Center: closed through May 31.
- Island Flex info workshops: canceled.
- Kilohana tutoring: online only.
- Maunakea Visitor Information Station: closed.
- Mookini Library: closed to the public, open for students, employees. Coffee kiosk open during library hours.
- Parking: now in “non-instructional day” status.
- Performing Arts Center: all performances cancelled thru May 12.
- Student Life Center: closed thru April 26.
- Student Medical Services: services by telephone only, Monday-Friday from 8am-4:30pm, closed from 12pm-1pm.
- Summer Swim: postponed until further notice.
- TCBES Graduate Research Symposium: postponed until this summer.
- UH WiFi: available in parking zones 2 and 4.
- University Relations: offices closed, contact via email or phone.
- Speakers’ Bureau: postponed.
- Vulcan Athletics: All UH Hilo sporting events have been suspended indefinitely.
- Tennis court reservations are canceled and closed until further notice.
Last updated 7 April, 8am, regarding Library - Learning Center.
The following buildings will remain open for employees and students to access during regular business hours:
- Administration Building
- Auxiliary Services – Mailroom only
- Mookini Library (Main floor only)
- Student Services Center third floor - Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
In addition, we are adjusting hours to service offices on campus:
- Student Services Center first and second floors: Monday – Friday, 9am – 2pm
- Campus Center: Monday – Friday, 9am – 2pm
- Campus Center Dining Room: Monday – Friday, 8am – 3pm
- Mailroom: Monday – Friday, 9am – 2pm
- Cashier’s Office: Monday – Friday, 9am – 2pm
- Bookstore: Monday – Friday, 10am – 2pm
- Graphics Services: Job Pick up Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am – 3:30pm. Job requests to be submitted online
- Parking Office: Closed, call 932-7001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Human Resources: Closed, call 932-7626 or email email@example.com
- Contracts, Procurements and Payments office: Closed, call 932-7397
- Mookini Library (Main floor only)
- Sunday: Noon – 7pm
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8am – 4pm
- Tuesday, Thursday: 8am – 7pm
- Mookini Library - Learning Center (lower level), open Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, 9am – 3pm.
Note: Open buildings are accessible to employees and students. Closed buildings are accessible to those with approved key access only. The restriction on public on campus remains, so open buildings are not open to the general public.
Open ¹ Indicates reduced hours as listed above.
|Army Reserve Complex||Closed|
|Auxiliary Services - Mailroom||Open ¹|
|Business Ed. & Computing Center||Closed|
|Campus Center & Bookstore||Open ¹|
|College Hall A, B, C||Closed|
|College of Agriculture||Closed|
|Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy Modular Buildings||Closed|
|Edith Kanakaʻole Hall (EKH, K Bldg)||Closed|
|Hale Kihoʻihoʻi (Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy)||Closed|
|Haleʻōlelo (College of Hawaiian Language)||Closed|
|ʻImiloa Astronomy Center||Closed|
|Kū Kahauʻula (Institute for Astronomy)||Closed|
|Marine Science Building||Closed|
|Mookini Library & Media Center (main floor)||Open ¹|
|Mookini Library - Learning Center (lower level)||Open ¹|
|Performing Arts Center (Theater)||Closed|
|Portable Buildings 1-22||Closed|
|Sciences and Technology Building||Closed|
|Student Life Center||Closed|
|Student Services Center - First and Second Floor||Open ¹|
|Student Services Center - Third Floor - Office of VCSA||Open|
|University Classroom Building (UCB)||Closed|
|Waiʻōlino (College of Business Economics)||Closed|
|Off Campus Buildings||Open/Closed|
|Hilo Small Business Incubator||Closed|
|Waiākea Research Center||Closed|