3rd International Conference on Multidisciplinary Filipino Studies
- Sponsored by
- University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Hawaiʻi, United States of America
- November 22-24, 2019
- University of Southern Philippines Foundation, Cebu City, Philippines
- Call for Papers, Call Deadline
- June 30, 2019
Aloha and Mabuhay!
Welcome to the 3rd International Conference on Multidisciplinary Filipino Studies!
This conference will be held on November 22-24, 2019 and to be hosted by University of Southern Philippines Foundation, Cebu City, Philippines.
This 3-day international conference is one of the major scholarly activities designed by the Filipino Studies Program at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo in the United States of America.
Aiming at the theory and praxis of its multidisciplinary nature, the Filipino Studies Program has envisioned for this international conference the coming together of the students, teachers, scholars, academics, administrators, policy makers, and other interested parties. This year's international conference invites papers on any of these seven major tracks, but not limited to:
- Agricultural, Health, Natural and Applied Sciences
- Area Studies, Migration, and Diaspora
- Arts and Humanities (Language, Linguistics, Literature)
- Business, Accountancy, and Management
- Education, Economics, and Social Sciences
- Engineering, Architecture, and Built Environment
- Law, Public Administration, and Politics & Governance
Please send your 200-word abstract as a Word or PDF attachment to this email address: email@example.com. In the subject line, kindly write "Abstract ICMFS 2019". Abstracts should be no longer than one page in 12-point font, with an optional second page for examples, figures, tables, or references. Kindly provide the following information in the abstract:
- Title of Paper
- Author's Name(s) and Affiliations(s)
- Email Address, Mailing Address and Phone Number
- 5 keywords
Panel presentations are also welcome. Follow the same guidelines, and add the following information:
- Panel Title
- Name of Corresponding Panel Head
- Email Address of Corresponding Panel Head, Mailing Address and Phone Number
- 5 keywords
Notification of Acceptance
Subject to the review of abstracts, all notifications of acceptance will be sent by July 8, 2019. Early notifications can be sent in advance upon the receipt of the review from the panel of reviewers.
Individual participant or presenter is required to register and pay the following registration fees.
Early Registration with Payment:
- PHP 5,000 for students studying in the Philippines
- PHP 7,000 for Filipino participants or presenters residing in the Philippines
- USD 200 for international participants
- July 31, 2019
A. Standard Registration with Payment
- PHP 6,000 for students studying in the Philippines
- PHP 8,000 for Filipino participants or presenters residing in the Philippines
- USD 250 for international participants
- October 15, 2019
Only the names of those paid presenters shall appear in the conference program and in the book of abstracts.
B. Walk-in Registrants on November 22-24, 2019
- PHP 8,000 for students studying in the Philippines
- PHP 10,000 for Filipino participants or presenters residing in the Philippines
- USD 300 for international participants
Publication & Best Paper Award
Selected papers will be published in the Journal of Filipino Studies published in Hawaiʻi, USA. The Best Paper will be sent to an international journal indexed by Clarivate Analytics (commonly known as ISI or WOS). To be considered for this award, submit by June 30, 2019.
Mahalo and Salamat po!