Impressive results: In Round 1 matches, 50 percent of UH Hilo’s pharmacy PGY1 applicants were matched and 75 percent of the PGY2 applicants were matched.
In a competitive national program, 11 pharmacy students at the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo have been matched to postgraduate residency programs. Round 1 of Match Day results were announced March 16, 2023.
“Residency match is a highly competitive process and occurs in two rounds, with Round 2 results to be announced in mid-April,” says Miriam Mobley Smith, interim dean at UH Hilo’s Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy.
Organized through the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), Match Day is a coordinated process for helping qualified students obtain positions in either postgraduate year one (PGY1) or postgraduate year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency programs of their choice at hospitals and healthcare facilities around the country.
“Residency training is vital to developing competency and proficiency in the skills and abilities that drive safe and effective comprehensive medication management and better outcomes for our patients,” says Paul Abramowitz, chief executive officer at ASHP.
In the results of Round 1 matches, 50 percent of UH Hilo’s pharmacy PGY1 applicants were matched and 75 percent of the PGY2 applicants were matched.
“These impressive Round 1 results demonstrate the highest quality of these students’ academics, service and scholarship over their four-year career here at [UH Hilo’s pharmacy college],” says Mobley Smith. “On behalf of the faculty and staff, I congratulate them for their incredible efforts.”
Round 1 residency matches
- Chrystal Cardoza: Norman Regional Health System, Norman, OK.
- Caroline DuMoulin: St. Peter’s Hospital, Albany, NY.
- May Ann Vincente Hudgins: The Queen’s Health System, Honolulu, HI.
- Analeslie Martinez: Indian Health Service, Crow/Northern Cheyenne Hospital, Crow Agency Reservation, MT.
- Stephanie Mojumdar: Swedish Hospital, NorthShore, Chicago, IL.
- Matthew Neumann: Mayo Clinic Health System, Albert Lea-Austin, Austin, MN.
- Kalen Niimi: The Queen’s Medical Center, Honolulu, HI.
- Nadra Nour: University Hospitals, UH Meds, Parma, OH.
- Raha Hosseini: UW Medicine/Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center (oncology), Seattle, WA.
- Tiffany Lam: VA Medical Center (ambulatory care), Boise, ID.
- Donald Waddell: University of Chicago Medicine (oncology), Chicago, IL.