The clinic will be held on Thursday, August 19 (first dose), 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m. at the UH Hilo Hale Kehau residence hall lounge.
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo is offering a free COVID-19 vaccination clinic on Thursday, August 19, 2021. The clinic is available only to students. A vaccine that requires a two-dose regimen will be provided on the following dates:
- Thursday, August 19 (first dose), 12–5 p.m. at the UH Hilo Hale Kehau residence hall lounge.
- The date, time and location for the second dose will be provided to the students who received the first dose.
Students can pre-register online.
Participants are required to:
- Receive clearance from LumiSight UH health check app prior to coming to campus.
- Bring a valid government issued photo ID.
- If you have medical insurance, bring your insurance card. Uninsured participants are welcome.
- Please wear a mask and practice social distancing.
Participants will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second shot.
Get Vaccinated UH!
UH launched its “Get Vaccinated UH!” campaign back on March 5, encouraging students, faculty and staff to get a COVID-19 vaccine. The university added COVID-19 vaccination to its student health clearance requirements on May 17. For the fall semester, unvaccinated students are required to submit a negative COVID-19 test each week if they plan to be on a UH campus. The details of the free student COVID-19 testing program will be announced next week.
According to surveys from this past June, more than 92% of UH students and 95% of UH employees of the 10-campus system have been vaccinated for the COVID-19 virus or plan to be.