UH Hilo issues updated quarantine FAQs for incoming out-of-state students
Each incoming out-of-state student has been assigned a staff member who will serve as the point of contact for quarantine-related questions.
The following updated information was released today about incoming out-of-state students to the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo who must comply with quarantine rules:
Effective today, phone calls are being made to all students who have expressed interest or need in quarantine and have responded to our Quarantine follow-up survey. Each student has been assigned a staff member who will serve as the point of contact for quarantine-related questions. Each staff member is part of a larger quarantine team that we have assembled on campus to help address the individualized situations of our students.
We invite you to join Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Farrah-Marie Gomes in a Brown Bag session on Thursday, July 30, 2020, at noon HST. This session will be specifically about quarantine. On Wednesday, we will send the Zoom link info out to students who have responded to the above survey.
Until then, here are a few updates that we can share. While we continue to work on finalizing a contract with our local hotels, we are moving forward with all plans because we are confident that the contract will be signed by the end of this week. If for some reason that does not happen, we will provide rooms in the residence halls at no cost for students arriving as early as this Saturday.
At this time, we are making every effort to cover 100% of the costs. We will not be able to share whether that is guaranteed until our contract with the hotel is signed. Here are other details about costs:
- Students will be required to provide a valid credit card upon check-in at the hotel. The hotel will authorize a hold on the credit care for incidental charges.
- Students will be required to cover the cost of their own meals. A list of delivery options and whether food service in the hotel is available will be provided prior to arrival.
- Students arriving into the Hilo airport (ITO) will be required to pay for their own transportation from ITO to the hotel.
As we get ready for some students to start arriving in a few days, here is information about transportation:
- From airports to hotel:
- For students arriving into the Hilo airport (ITO), we will provide a few options prior to arrival. The estimate for a taxi is $15-$20. The estimate for an Uber or Lyft is $10-$15. We are looking into the possibility of a hotel shuttle and will share that information when available.
- The University will be providing transportation for students arriving into Kona (KOA). That shuttle will go directly from KOA to the hotel in Hilo. There will be no stops, except for a restroom break if needed. Details about this transportation will be shared before arrival.
- From hotel to permanent place of lodging after quarantine is completed:
- Upon completion of the 14-day quarantine period, the University will provide transportation from the hotel to the residence halls for those who have an assignment in a residence hall.
- Students with an off-campus residence will be responsible for coordinating their own transportation.
We are receiving more information each day. Another update will be posted by the end of this week. Students who still have questions should reach out to their assigned point of contact. If you have not received a phone call and you submitted a response to the above survey, email email@example.com or text (808) 209-1365.
Read more Quarantine FAQs.
Message from Chancellor Irwin on reinstated 14-day quarantine on interisland travel