All items collected will go to Hawai‘i Island Food Basket to be distributed to island families in need during the week of Thanksgiving.
The University of Hawai‘i at Hilo community is mobilizing to collect canned goods to be donated to the Hawai‘i Island Food Basket.
The Campus and Community Services program, a Campus Center Fee Board program at UH Hilo, is working in partnership with the Hawai‘i Island Food Basket to collect the canned goods Nov. 1-10. All items collected will be distributed during the week of Thanksgiving.
“Please help us make the shelves at the Food Basket a little fuller this holiday season,” says Ellen Kusano, director of Campus Center, in an email to the UH Hilo community today. “We are asking for non-perishable donations, specifically canned proteins, but any non-perishable holiday ingredient items would be great.”
Drop off locations:
- UH Hilo Athletics Office—Located in the Athletics Complex.
- Campus Center Office—Campus Center, room 210.
- Sodexo Dining Hall—1st Floor Campus Center – Also accepting monetary donations and will convert extra flex points.
- Division of Student Affairs Office—Student Services Building W 306.
- University Concierge Desk—1st Floor Student Services Building.