Unmanned Aircraft Systems Certificate
This is content from the Catalog 2017–2018 back issue. Please visit the current catalog for current information.
This Certificate in Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) is offered to all who meet the enrollment requirements for UH Hilo. Students will gain a broad understanding of unmanned aircraft types and purposes, their peripheral systems, preflight planning, and the legal guidance for operating them in a non-hobby capacity in the National Aerospace System of the United States of America. Graduates of the UAS certificate program will possess a skillset valuable in the unmanned aerial data collection field.
Certificate Requirements (21 Credits):
- AERS 152 Introduction to UAS (3)
- AERS 354 UAS Robotics (3)
- GEOG 201 Interp Geog Data (3)
- AERS 352 UAS Mission Plans & Simulation (3)
- AERS 452 UAS Flight (3)
- GEOG 470 Remote Sensing/Air Photo (3)
- GEOG 480 Geog Info Sys & Visualization (3)