Catalog 2017–2018: Plant Physiology (PPHY) Courses
This is content from the Catalog 2017–2018 back issue. Please visit the current catalog for current information.
College of Agriculture, Forestry & Natural Resource Management (CAFNRM)
See How to read course descriptions for information about the formatting used.
PPHY 310 Plant Growth/Develop (3) The chemistry and physiology of growth regulators and their involvement in plant growth and development. Experiments and demonstrations illustrating both basic and applied aspects of chemical growth regulation. Pre: HORT 262 or BIOL 171 and one year of college chemistry.
PPHY 415 Plant Nutrition (3) Mineral nutrition of plants, symptoms of mineral deficiency, corrective measures, water relations and nitrogen cycle. Special attention will be given to the role of nutrients in essential physiological and behavioral process. Pre: HORT 262 or BIOL 171 and one year of college chemistry.
PPHY x94 Special Topics in Subject Matter (Arr.) Special topics chosen by the instructor. Course content will vary. May be repeated for credit, provided that a different topic is studied. Additional requirements may apply depending on subject and topic.
PPHY x99 Directed Studies (Arr.) Statement of planned reading or research required. Pre: instructor’s consent.
- Aeronautical Sciences (AERS) Courses
- Agriculture (AG) Courses
- Agribusiness (AGBU) Courses
- Agricultural Economics (AGEC) Courses
- Agricultural Engineering (AGEN) Courses
- Agronomy (AGRN) Courses
- Animal Science (ANSC) Courses
- Aquaculture (AQUA) Courses
- Engineering (ENGR) Courses
- Entomology (ENTO) Courses
- Forestry (FOR) Courses
- Horticulture (HORT) Courses
- Natural Resources (NRES) Courses
- Plant Physiology (PPHY) Courses
- Plant Pathology (PPTH) Courses
- Soil Science (SOIL) Courses