Catalog 2017–2018: Spanish Language for Careers
This is content from the Catalog 2017–2018 back issue. Please visit the current catalog for current information.
The Spanish Language for Careers offers majors second language capability to augment students' chances for employment in their chosen careers and professions. The certificate is an additional tool to have in the student's dossier for the competitive job market. Nursing students, business students, those in government or financial services, law or education will acquire the ability to communicate and understand Spanish speakers. The Spanish certificate will also greatly help our many graduates that return to the mainland, especially to many states where Spanish is one of the dominant languages. Graduates with skills in Spanish will be highly competitive within the United States and internationally.
Requirements (16 credits):
- Required Core (12):
- SPAN 101 Elementary Spanish I (4)
- SPAN 102 Elementary Spanish II (4)
- SPAN 201 Intermediate Spanish I (4)
- Elective Courses (4 credits needed):
- SPAN 202 Interm Spanish II (4)
- SPAN 301 Adv Spanish Conversation (3)
- SPAN 306 Medical Spanish (3)
- SPAN 307 Business Spanish (3)
- SPAN 399 Directed Studies (To Be Arranged)