Catalog 2017–2018: Performing Arts Certificate
This is content from the Catalog 2017–2018 back issue. Please visit the current catalog for current information.
The Performing Arts Certificate is designed for non-majors who wish to show expertise in the performing arts. Prerequisites must be completed before registering for individual courses in the Certificate.
Requirements (27 credits):
- Required Courses in Drama (9)
- DRAM 271 Introduction to Theatre (3)
- And two of the following courses:
- DRAM 321 Styles Of Acting (3)
- DRAM 340 Stage Makeup (3)
- DRAM 350 Stage Costume (3)
- DRAM 430 Directing (3)
- DRAM 490 Lyric Theatre (3)
- Required Courses in Dance (9)
- DNCE 251 Intro To Dance (3)
- DNCE 371 Choreography (3)
- DNCE 401 Dance Ensemble (3)
- Required Courses in Music (9)
- MUS 160 Intro to Music Literature (3)
- And two ensemble courses, selected from:
- MUS 102 University Chorus (3)
- MUS 402 Jazz Orchestra (3)
- MUS 404 Kapili Choir (3)
- MUS 406 Chamber Ensembles (3)
All prerequisites must be completed before students will be allowed to register for upper-division courses. Repeatable courses may be counted only once toward fulfilling the requirements for the certificate.