Business Administration Minor
This is content from the Catalog 2017–2018 back issue. Please visit the current catalog for current information.
Requirements (18 credits):
Students pursuing non-Business degrees earn a minor in Business Administration by successfully completing 18 semester hours:
- BUS 100 Intro To Business (3) or BUS 110 Freshmen Business Experience (3)
- ACC 201 Intro to Financial Accounting (3)
- ECON 130 Intro To Microeconomics (3)
- FIN 320 Prin Bus Finance (3)
- MKT 310 Princ of Marketing (3)
- MGT 425 Bus Planning for New Ventures (3)
A grade of “C” or better must be earned in these courses. Course prerequisites will be waived if the student has formally declared Business Administration as a Minor.
For initial enrollment in 300- or 400-level Business Administration courses, students pursuing a Business Administration minor must have:
Filed a formal declaration of intent to minor in Business Administration at least four weeks in advance of scheduled early-registration;
Attained a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher on work completed at UH Hilo (transfer students meeting other requirements may be provisionally admitted to upper-division courses during their first semester at UH Hilo, but will be required to earn at least a 2.0 GPA.