Catalog 2017–2018: Business Administration Certificate
This is content from the Catalog 2017–2018 back issue. Please visit the current catalog for current information.
Contact: CoBE Office
Phone: (808) 932-7272
The College offers the Certificate in Business Administration to people who have already earned a baccalaureate degree in an area other than business. The coursework nearly duplicates the minor in Business Administration and allows those graduates of other programs who wish to gain a formal credential testifying to their up-to-date business management skills and knowledge an opportunity to do so. It is especially useful to those already working in business or those intending to work in an organizational situation that would like to gain a well-balanced fundamental perspective on business. At least 50% of the course work must be completed at UH Hilo. All courses are currently available and offered regularly in the Bachelor of Business Administration Degree program.
Requirements (21 credits):
- ACC 201 Intro to Financial Accounting (3)
- ACC 202 Intro to Managerial Accounting (3)
- ECON 130 Intro To Microeconomics (3)
- FIN 320 Prin Bus Finance (3)
- MGT 333 International Business Mgt (3)
- MKT 310 Princ of Marketing (3)
- Any business elective at the 300- or 400-level.
BUS 290 Critical Thinking (3) may be taken concurrently with courses that require it as a prerequisite.
- BBA in General Business
- BBA in Accounting
- Business Administration Minor
- Economics (ECON) Courses
- Economics Minor
- Asia-Pacific-US Economic Relations Certificate
- Business Administration Certificate
- International Studies Certificate, Tourism Concentration
- Finance Certificate
- Accounting Certificate
- Accounting (ACC) Courses
- Business (BUS) Courses
- Finance (FIN) Courses
- Management (MGT) Courses
- Marketing (MKT) Courses
- Quantitative Business Analysis (QBA) Courses
- Tourism (TOUR) Courses