This is content from the Catalog 2017–2018 back issue. Please visit the current catalog for current information.
UH Hilo has been recognized by the media, public, and state Senate for its efforts to bring greater awareness to the honey bee, an important and vital pollinator of many crops. The Beekeeping Certificate helps to recognize the level of achievement in beekeeping gained by UH Hilo students and will assist them in future career positions. Courses have hands-on laboratories and are taught primarily at the UH Hilo farm in Panaʻewa, Hawaiʻi.
Requirements (18 credits):
- HORT 262 Princ Of Hort (3)
- AG 205 Value Added Ag Products (3)
- AG 230 Sustainable Agriculture (3)
- ENTO 262 Intro Beekeeping (3)
- ENTO 350 Advanced Beekeeping (3) (to be repeated once)