Catalog 2017–2018: B.A. in Pharmacy Studies Requirements
This is content from the Catalog 2017–2018 back issue. Please visit the current catalog for current information.
Group 1. General Education Basic, Core, and Integrative Requirements
All students should consult with College of Pharmacy’s academic advisors to ensure that they complete all requirements for graduation in a timely fashion.
Students entering UH Hilo or the PharmD program prior to Fall 2011 and wishing to earn the Bachelor of Arts in Pharmacy Studies must meet UH Hilo’s requirements in effect prior to Fall 2011 for the Basic and Area categories of General Education as well as requirements in Writing Intensive and Hawaiʻi-Asia-Pacific categories, and all other graduation requirements. A list of these requirements is found on pages 33-37 of the 2010-2011 university catalog.
Students entering UH Hilo or the PharmD program in Fall 2011 and thereafter and wishing to earn the Bachelor of Arts in Pharmacy Studies must meet UH Hilo’s requirements that go into effect in Fall 2011 for the Basic and Area categories of General Education as well as the Integrative requirements in Writing Intensive, Hawaiʻi-Pan Pacific, and Global and Community Citizenship, and all other graduation requirements. A list of these requirements is posted on the General Education website.
Effective Fall 2011 the new policy for which requirements the student will follow for GE and graduation requirements are: 1) By default, all students will be admitted under the catalog in force at time entering UH Hilo. 2) Students transferring in to UH Hilo from another UH System Campus are eligible to continue their educational career under the requirements in force in the catalog year in which they entered the UH System, provided there has not been a break in enrollment of more than one semester.
Group 2. Major Requirements (65 credits)
First Professional Year: Fall (18)
- PHPS 501 Biochemistry - Biomolecules (2)
- PHPS 503 Pharmaceutical Calculations (2)
- PHPS 504 Pharmaceutical Immunology (3)
- PHPS 505 Pharmaceutics I (3)
- PHPS 540 Drug Action - Part I (2)
- PHPP 501 Intr Pharm Prac Experiential I (1)
- PHPP 510 Pharmacy Self Care I (2)
- PHPP 528 Pharmacy Comm & Culture (3)
First Professional Year: Spring (17)
- PHPS 502 Biochemistry - Metabolism (2)
- PHPS 506 Pharmaceutics II (3)
- PHPS 509 Applied Pathophysiology (3)
- PHPS 541 Drug Action - Part II (2)
- PHPP 502 Int Pharm Prac Experiential II (1)
- PHPP 508 Intro to Biostatistics (3)
- PHPP 511 Pharmacy Self Care II (2)
Second Professional Year: Fall (17)
- PHPS 511 Pharmacokinetics (3)
- PHPP 503 Intr Pharm Prac Experien III (1)
- PHPP 506 Int Pharm Prac Exp - Retail (1)
- PHPP 514 Evidence-Based Medicine (3)
- PHPP 515 Integrated Therapeutics I (7)
- PHPP 527 Drug Information (2)
Second Professional Year: Spring (17)
- PHPP 504 Intr Pharm Prac Experien IV (1)
- PHPP 516 Integrated Therapeutics II (7)
- PHPP 519 Health Care Systems (2)
- PHPP 520 Pharmacy Law and Ethics (3)
- PHPP 523 Wellness & Disease Prevention (2)
- Electives (2)