Catalog 2017–2018: Baccalaureate Degree Requirements
This is content from the Catalog 2017–2018 back issue. Please visit the current catalog for current information.
A baccalaureate degree (also called a “bachelor’s degree”) is earned upon the completion of at least 120 college semester hours. To earn the baccalaureate degree, students must also complete the requirements for their major; these are listed by department and degree elsewhere in the catalog. In addition, students must complete the following graduation requirements:
- Complete at least 120 semester college credits. This minimum is higher for some baccalaureate degrees.
- Earn at least a 2.0 cumulative UH Hilo GPA as well as a 2.0 GPA in courses required for the major (a higher GPA may be required for some degrees) and minor (if any).
- Earn a minimum of 30 semester hours from UH Hilo.
- Have been registered as classified students with a declared major and in attendance at UH Hilo within the preceding year.
- Meet all requirements of their respective colleges and departments.