Transfer Students with a Degree

This is the 2019-2020 UH Hilo catalog, previous year catalogs can be viewed on the Back Issues page.

Students transferring into UH Hilo with a conferred Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree or a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) from an institution accredited by a U.S. regional accreditation agency will be exempted from the General Education Core (Foundations, Diversification, Structural) requirements, unless specific course requirements are needed for a given major or specialty.

For additional detail on transfer of General Education coursework, see the General Education Transfer Policy.