Running Start/Early Admission Program
The Running Start/Early Admission Program is intended to encourage highly motivated and academically talented high school juniors or seniors to supplement their regular high school work with selected college courses.
Applicants must comply with the regular admissions application process. After consultation with their high school counselor, qualified applicants should submit the following items for admission:
- an application for admission to the university;
- a letter of recommendation from the principal, teacher, or the guidance counselor;
- an official high school transcript and
- scores from the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Testing (ACT) exam.
Applicants will be admitted on a part-time, non-degree status.
Students participating in a second or subsequent semester of the Running Start/Early Admission Program must have earned at least a 2.0 grade point average and must re-apply for admission by submitting:
- an application for admission;
- a new letter of recommendation from the principal, teacher, or the guidance counselor and
- a new official high school transcript.
- New test scores from the SAT or the ACT are not necessary unless the student has retaken the test and new scores are available.