Business Administration Certificate
This is the 2019-2020 UH Hilo catalog, previous year catalogs can be viewed on the Back Issues page.
Contact: CoBE Office
Phone: (808) 932-7272
The College of Business and Economics offers a Subject Certificate in Business Administration. The coursework allows undeclared majors, and those majoring in non-business programs at UH Hilo, to develop business skills and knowledge. The program is also appropriate for those who have previously earned a bachelor degree. At least 50% of the course work must be completed at UH Hilo.
This certificate is designed for someone already working in business or intending to work in an organizational situation, who would like to gain a well-balanced fundamental perspective on business, while the business minor is designed for current students. However the certificate is available to current students as well. The coursework for the certificate is more advanced than that required by the minor. At least 50% of the coursework must be completed at UH Hilo. All courses are currently available and offered regularly in the Bachelor of Business Administration Degree program.
Requirements (24 credits):
- ACC 201 Intro to Financial Accounting (3)
- ACC 202 Intro to Managerial Accounting (3)
- BUS 290 Critical Thinking (3)
- ECON 130 Intro To Microeconomics (3)
- FIN 320 Prin Bus Finance (3)
- MGT 333 International Business Mgt (3)
- MKT 310 Princ of Marketing (3)
- Any business elective at the 300- or 400-level.
BUS 290 Critical Thinking (3) may be taken concurrently with courses that require it as a prerequisite.
- BBA in General Business
- BBA in Accounting
- Business Administration Minor
- Economics Minor
- Accounting Certificate
- Asia Pacific-US Economic Relations Certificate
- Business Administration Certificate
- Finance Certificate
- International Studies Certificate, Tourism Concentration
- Accounting (ACC) Courses
- Business (BUS) Courses
- Economics (ECON) Courses
- Finance (FIN) Courses
- Management (MGT) Courses
- Marketing (MKT) Courses
- Quantitative Business Analysis (QBA) Courses
- Tourism (TOUR) Courses